Monday, July 24, 2006

Bad Business Practice

I was eating alone at a table in our office pantry when I saw one of our computer technician washing his utensils, apparently he just finish eating his lunch. I engage him in a light conversation. I express my thoughts about the company's current problems and was hoping that we land a major contract so I would stop looking for a new job. He smirk and commented that only good companies acquires good contracts. I was curious at his reaction and ask him why?

He said that grace comes to those business owners that fairly treat their employees. Our call center subsidiaries has just been sold and employees have been retrenched. Retrenched employees who deserve to have the employer's share of the provident fund have been withheld by the company. He mentioned other unacceptable practices that I will not share in this post. For eight years this company has given me work and paid my salary on time. I would no longer add more damage to the company's already struggling reputation.

But knowing all this things has deeply hurt the pride I once felt at being part of the company. I just hope and pray that the people on top will come to their senses and stop this unnecessary activities. All of this begun to happen when the company started loosing its clients. But this is no excuse for doing what they are doing.

God has blessed this company before and He could again if only they would do things the right way even when its hard.

Ok, that's it for now. My life's adventure To Be Continue.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home