Monday, July 10, 2006

Our Money Problems

How I wish that money grows on trees. Although my wife and I make above average salaries we still could not manage to save and budget our finances. Every month we incur additional debt that would break a camel's back.

Sometimes, when I'm the only one awake at night I kept wondering how we would overcome this problem. I never showed any worries when my wife asked me about our situation. I would always tell her to "have faith and God will provide". Most of the time I doubted even my own advise. But surprisingly we manage to keep ourselves afloat inspite of our many financial woes. I know God is teaching me a lesson. We are Christians, but we seldom find time to thank Him on even the simplest blessings. It has become a cruel habit of thanking Him after He bail us out of trouble only to be in trouble again. Its a good thing He never ran out of patience. Maybe we should pray a lot more often, problems or no problems. This is one of my major weakness in my earthly existence, I'm lazy when it comes to praying. God, please forgive me.

Aside from increasing our prayer time we have also decided that I (the all powerfull Patriach, with my wife's permission of course) should be the treasurer of our small fortune this month. Traditionally, in Filipino families (except for the wealthy), the wife handles the budgeting and is in-charge of accounting for all the money that went in and out of our pockets. Now, its my turn to take a shot at it.

We tend to buy things that are not really necessary. Except for the Gameboy for my son of course, and its my idea (see previous post). Hehehehe.....Ok, maybe that too is not necessary. But it is for my lovable son. I'll probably buy him another toy on Christmas. For now we just have to be creative in presenting the old toys and making it look new in his eyes.

Another major decision is a new job for me. My wife will be working with a new company that pays higher before the end of July (as mentioned on previous post). I'm currently on the hunt for a new boss, hopefully a more generous boss. I'm an Oracle Applications Developer (E-Business Suite), proficient in GL module but knows enough about AP, AR and CM module.

Ok, that's it for now. My life's adventure To Be Continue.....

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger BRAD said...

oh money problem! it almost makes me jumps at the window... many times... but ur correct... i ask for gods help and guidance and he provide.. more than i ask for...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home