Friday, September 08, 2006

My Home Minus One

Last September 4, 2006 my wife flew to the U.K. as part of a 10 person team that will develop 4 systems for a major client. Her flight was scheduled at 11:05 am and I had only 2 hours of sleep. I was restless during the night and sad at the thought of being apart from my wife for 90 days.

That Monday morning was a sunny day. We did not encounter any traffic going to the airport. Our ride (sundo) came at the appointed time and everything went well. She arrive around 2am in England and immediately went to work in the afternoon. This week have been a roller coaster ride for me emotionally. I could feel the loneliness of not having her around and exhaustion of doing additional chores at home. Lucky for us that our son who is almost 3 years old does not notice that her mom is away.

I'm constantly entertaining myself with watching tv and playing with my son so I would not dwell to much on my wife. I never imagine that it would be this tough not having her around. But I'm coping and surviving.

Today after work I'll probably drop by the video rental shop and pick a dozen of movies to watch just to pass the time at home. This is very helpful especially when I'm the only one still awake at night. Tomorrow is a Saturday. Me and my son would just spend the time watching Blue's Clues and playing with his cars. I think I would also drop by the Toy Shop and buy my son a new toy we could play with.

Ok, that's it for now. My life's adventure To Be Continue.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home