Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hectic Weekend

I had a very hectic weekend. We just had a 3 day vacation cause by the 21st of August holiday which is the death anniversary of Ninoy Aquino (a Filipino hero/martyr). My wife and I went shopping for all the stuff she will need abroad. We bought jeans, snickers, pants, blouses, socks, jacket, a tape recorder and a bunch of other stuff. I don't mind buying all these things because I know it is really necessary for her work. But the shopping itself, man oh man it was tiresome. We would go from one rack to the next and spent minutes upon minutes, hours upon hours looking for the perfect pants or whatever. But through all of this exercise I was content to accompany my wife and spent the whole time being with each other. I would be missing her for four months.

Its tough going to the U.K. since there are a lot of restrictions when it comes to bringing liquid substance on the plane. I saw on tv how the passengers left behind their perfumes, tooth paste, bottled water, and anything that is liquid during baggage check at the terminal. The English are really tightening their security since the bomb scare at Heathrow Airport. Anyway I would rather choose for them to be strict than lax on their security. I feel a lot better knowing that there would be no bomb scare on my wife's flight.

There is still a possibility that my wife's flight would be canceled since her visa is not yet in our possession. Although there are already bulletin in her office announcing her flight date the visa is still nowhere insight. So I advise her to buy things that she would still need even if plans did not push through.

Early last Saturday we went to my in-laws and told them the good news. My father and mother in-law are both happy and excited about their youngest child working abroad. They gave her their advise and reminders about the simple things in life. After lunch we proceeded to 'Market Market' and do some shopping since there is a mall wide sale.

Yesterday, we decided to take a half day break from all the shopping and watch a movie. My wife loves Johnny Depp and watched most of his movies. Lucky for us 'Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest' is still showing at SM Megamll. I enjoyed it and relished the moment with my wife. After the movie it was another gruelling shopping in the afternoon. But who's complaining, I'm enjoying every minute I spent with my beloved wife.

Ok, that's it for now. My life's adventure To Be Continue.....

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Mauro C. said...

Can you help me to promote this challenge?

I’m trying to post 1 Million Love Messages from All around The World in my Blog.

Readers write and dedicate the message to someone special, send it by e-mail, and I post it in 1 Million Love Messages

It’s a big challenge, I know.
But I believe that everybody has something to say to someone special.

I’ll wait for your visit and for your messages.
Thanks for your attention and compliments from Portugal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home