Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama Inauguration: As witness by someone far away

I stay up until 1:40 am Manila time to see a historic landmark unfold in American History. The first ever African-American President to be elected in the United States of America. Who would have thought that such an event would happen? I thought things like these would happen way beyond my lifetime or in the movies, but I'm sure glad it happen when I'm still alive and in my prime. It makes me appreciate the advantages of technology we had today. This blog is my way of being part of history. I saw, I heard, and I was amazed. This could be a turning point in human history.

I consider today also as the birth of Real Racial Equality in America. These event is the ultimate affirmation that all men are created equal.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -- A phrase from the Declaration of Independence first used by another great American President Thomas Jefferson.

Abraham Lincold would have been proud of America if he is able to see this. Him as the President who freed the slaves and Obama as a descendant of slaves ascending as President.

Ok, that's it for now. My life's adventure To Be Continue.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home